Sunday, December 20, 2009

Five in the morning

and it's already time for the protestors to shatter windscreen and intimidate people to go back home. It's a Maoist called "bandh" afterall! My eyes are half-shut. As if four hours of sleep and a painful back and limbs were not enough, now the day also promises irate Maoist protestors, who threaten to attack you, when you're only going to work.

Only five in the morning, and the tar is already heating-up with the black of tyres, that are becoming synonymous to protests in Nepal. I'm not even going to think about the protest, there's already a strife inside me.

My newsbox is filled with political pieces. "Parchanda" is telling journalists the government called for confrontation by not resolving "the political deadlock". Who created the "deadlock"? I feel like asking him. Who asked us to stick to the demand for "civilian supremacy" when not even two people around me know what "civilian supremacy" is. I wonder how many Nepalis even know what all these political ideologies are all about. But I guess we do. No one can beat us Nepalis at political debates. We might forget to turn off the heaters after using them, we might forget to flush the toilet after use, we might forget to put the trash in the bin, we might forget to apologize after pushing someone down- but, but we never forget to engage in political debates.

Just another "day one" to three days of closure and just me with the same anger brewing-up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...