I know how the clown must feel.
When the lights come on and the lines on my face are lit up for the audience to see, I know how the clown must feel. It's time to tell a funny tale, but my insides churn-up stories about those spent with sufferings. I speak of the bravest deeds and within me goes on a battle I'm close to losing. But I do the act with conviction; straight lipped. I'm putting-up an act about truth because it helps me stop recognizing the dishonest within me. It's easier to play this act in the lime-light than to live a life that's real. It's easier sometimes to let the make-up conceal the wrinkles, if it will, and let the lights highlight, where my lips curve in affected smiles- than to face the day.
I think I know how the clown must feel.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zuberi and I
I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age? You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...
-
on what life meant to make out of faith
-
Mamu touched my hair the other day and said: This is not the hair of the girl I birthed. What did you do to your hair? I touched my hair, im...
-
i cannot imagine how you put up with a man who drags you by your nape and tells you to go to your room and puts you out in the night. it...
Very nicely written indeed Tuladhar! Love all your posts - am going to check in more often now - you make excellent read ...
ReplyDelete