My mornings are made of up love-songs again. They play from the media player on my colleague's desk-top. I'm always in awe of her playlist. She has the best Hindi selections, I've ever heard. Songs that make your heart ache, more than it ever has learnt to. They are songs that make you question everything you've experienced in life.From Kailash Kher to the latest movie songs, she has them all!
It's six in the morning when her speakers start singing (acutally blaring), and I'm thinking- how inconsiderate! But my anger gradually subsides, and I forgive her as her songs start speaking about human suffering, dreams, madness...the evil and the good. It's like she's doing me a favour. And perhaps it's the only way we communicate.
In a work-place, you always find different connections with different people. With some it's friendship (quite rare, this), some become mentors, some are just colleagues, some are like relatives (always there when you need them, be it criticism or grudged support) and some are almost wall-paper. With this particular colleague, I think I connect in songs. I won't say music. Because her music is not always my kind of music. But we connect in songs.
Thank you Life, for small mercies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zuberi and I
I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age? You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...
-
on what life meant to make out of faith
-
Mamu touched my hair the other day and said: This is not the hair of the girl I birthed. What did you do to your hair? I touched my hair, im...
-
i cannot imagine how you put up with a man who drags you by your nape and tells you to go to your room and puts you out in the night. it...
hahaha..this is the only time when i can listen to songs..and its only the early mornings..i don't know why but as the morning gradually passes off my volume gets decreased and finally it stops..while i work in the evening most of the time i even dont remember to play..i question myself why this is so but i failed to answer..its been years rite...and the funny part is i don even remember any song more than two lines..but then the morn music and cofy make me work...
ReplyDelete