By now, she has exhausted the streets with her walks. She has walked the same steps again and again and again...retracing.But today she feels the need to do a little more. She must have more places to go to. More space to retrospect.
She looks up the office address and starts walking. There is a need- a desperate one- to see the space that he has inhabited.
She walks past motorbikes- Karizma, Unicorn, Hero Honda, CBZ.
The office is deserted. It's dark, one-roomed.
She walks in,sits down on the cane two-seater, without being asked to. She looks at the blinds, that seem to be pasted to a wall without windows. An illusion to create space in the mind?
There are two desks and a water jar and other things that don't catch her attention. Nothing catches her attention- not even the colour of the carpet.
The desks- two. Two desk-tops and a laptop. Which one must he sit at? Was that where he was sitting writing her an e-mail, getting "drunker than a rainbow-striped skunk....zig zag and all that..."
She walks to both the desks, turn-wise.
Then she walks back to the two-seater, sits down. Maybe he sat here. Her palm spreads on the unoccupied seat next to her, as though clearing it of dust. Maybe here.She has no way of knowing.
The boys look at her with shy grins. She's been there five minutes without introductions.
"So, how are you madam?"
"I'm good." The introductions finally happen.
There has to be a way to make the room brighter, happier. Maybe some other shade- not the yellow. Maybe something else on the wall, other than the misleading blinds.And maybe a reading couch? But she likes the cane, she decides.
I'm going to turn this into my office.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zuberi and I
I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age? You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...
-
on what life meant to make out of faith
-
Mamu touched my hair the other day and said: This is not the hair of the girl I birthed. What did you do to your hair? I touched my hair, im...
-
i cannot imagine how you put up with a man who drags you by your nape and tells you to go to your room and puts you out in the night. it...
No comments:
Post a Comment