Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pooling

my heard swirls
in a pool of navy blue
the colour of my jeans
i wonder if it is
the same colour i was wearing
that evening
when i floated
in pools
of myself
at the Suvarnabhumi
dark, sticky, scarlet.
this is exactly
how it was inside my head
blue and gray pools
while i fought
against my brain
to keep my eyes open.
when she finally came
all i could ask was
if i had hurt her

3 comments:

  1. I love how this begins like a dream and then slowly becomes a little sinister. Scrambles my brain as I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe i should explain it over an email :) soon

    ReplyDelete

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...