Friday, March 18, 2011

Journalism in Nepal?

and i find myself extremely angry all the time these days, when i think of the kind of journalism we do. at this training for broadcasters this week, everyone participating said it wasn't possible to do anything besides political news because politics rules everthing in Nepal. i felt like yelling back at them. THAT'S BECAUSE ASSHOLES LIKE YOU ARE BUSY BEING PARTY WORKERS! yeah, so welcome to the country where what the koiralas and the maoists and the uml say for the upteenth time makes our daily headlines, while women get beaten to death for being "witches" and four year olds get raped and nothing happens to the rapists. where, every single thief gets to ride range rovers and the hungry pickpockets get thrashed and robbed and left to become chronic pickpockets. where journalists who want to do people stories get laughed at because- how are you a journalist unless you understand the crap-like politics our politicians know? oh, wow! yes, stick to recording, playing, reporting sound bytes. let the politicians hog the limelight, while the poor suffer and die. you will never see what you've done to the country, even to your dying day. GET LOST!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but there are people like Subel Bhandari who will change journalism a little. and writers like you, S.

    ReplyDelete

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...