Friday, March 18, 2011

JAPAN,

moves us all to tears
these days

i wade through the puddles
scramble though the debris
as words
all become a tale-
of suffering and misery
of lost loves
of hands remembered
but not found
of cherished tea cups
shattered
of a favourite book
gone
of artwork
by the little one
erased
of eyes
that have no time to shed tears
because they are still searching

6,400 laid to rest today
10,000 declared missing

Japan
makes me cry
even as i only write news reports
for her

4 comments:

  1. Very touching.

    Sometimes I feel as if i have scribbled there. It feels like I m another u.I do read u regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i make you feel like you, then i've been honest. thank you for reading me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P, the pain elsewhere transpired into making you knit poems again. (I keep telling you I have trouble writing when happy )

    Japan has made the whole world cry and stand still, I guess..

    ReplyDelete
  4. S, yes, there's never poetry without pain. That it must seek pain to exist... But maybe it's not worth its while in any other way?
    Expect an email today, hai.

    ReplyDelete

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...