Saturday, April 17, 2010

April rain

It has just started to rain. I can always stay cooped up in my room and try to count the so many different sounds it makes as it keeps falling on different things. Like an orchestra.

My particular favourites are when it speeds up and the leaves- the larger ones- sound like bold umbrellas, throwing the rain off to the ground. Then there's the pitter-patter on the pavement and the one that falls off the edge of the roof. These come in different versions too. Each one makes it's own noise, depending on the speed and density of the drop. Drops falling into an already stagnating pool is another wonder!

I can't tell why rain holds so much fascination for me. But it does feels like my second self- falling, battling, raging, quietening down and recreating all over again. Like the Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...