i long for you today, with a longing i've never felt before. i dreamed i ran past the steps of the airport and found you standing at the other end, your cheeks slightly dented with a dimple, your smile ready to break open. and i remembered your hands that had once comforted my back for two minutes, when i'd just got up after a long illness. this illness makes me desperate. it makes me want to jump out of my skin. it makes me wants to eat everything i cannot palate. it makes me want to get out of bed and explore the winter flowers in the garden outside my window. but more than anything else, i long for the silence in which you understood my last illness, in which you offered healing without knowing you were doing it for me.
i long for a walk homeward, with you telling me of your compassionate deity, who i believe cured me too.
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zuberi and I
I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age? You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...
-
on what life meant to make out of faith
-
Mamu touched my hair the other day and said: This is not the hair of the girl I birthed. What did you do to your hair? I touched my hair, im...
-
i cannot imagine how you put up with a man who drags you by your nape and tells you to go to your room and puts you out in the night. it...
No comments:
Post a Comment