Dear Kali,
I lost one of your little ones today to a reckless truck driver. Life for puppies in this country never goes beyond a few months. Especially, for those left on the streets to battle every little thing humans throw their way. I don't know what might have given your little pup a better life. I don't know if he would have been happier in this neighbourhood with his brother. But I'd like to think he was happy in this brief life in Chitwan, chasing after the birds, making friends with other dogs in the neighbourhood and never experiencing the chains. I hope he had a short and happy life, if there is a thing like that.
I have never been able to forget how you looked into my eyes, when KAT center was taking you away. We both knew you were dying. When I heard about your little one today, I hoped he had been reunited with you.
Rest in peace, you two.
P
I lost one of your little ones today to a reckless truck driver. Life for puppies in this country never goes beyond a few months. Especially, for those left on the streets to battle every little thing humans throw their way. I don't know what might have given your little pup a better life. I don't know if he would have been happier in this neighbourhood with his brother. But I'd like to think he was happy in this brief life in Chitwan, chasing after the birds, making friends with other dogs in the neighbourhood and never experiencing the chains. I hope he had a short and happy life, if there is a thing like that.
I have never been able to forget how you looked into my eyes, when KAT center was taking you away. We both knew you were dying. When I heard about your little one today, I hoped he had been reunited with you.
Rest in peace, you two.
P
No comments:
Post a Comment