Monday, April 29, 2013

marsk

on an evening like this one,
 i want the sun to pause just above the horizon
and for the wind to remain on my face

keizersgracht gleams in the dusk

it's an evening
ahead of some rain
-light lingers at the far end of the sky

coffee arrives accompanied by choco-almond drops
you lift a hand to touch my knees
-the orb dips

later,
transiting in a no-man's land,
prostrate on a grey settee
my face gathered in my arms,
i weep

and i remember

pressed against you
in a hall packed with tall, beautiful people,
i didn't feel so small or ugly.
and even as the stubble on your face bruised my cheek,
i felt healed.

6 comments:

  1. yo. tis good. keep it.

    always keep things things that heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! there loved this creation and your blog as well! :)
    http://limbusuprina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Suprina. I'm reading your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember you said one time
    that tears heal...
    strange sometimes
    why there's weeping
    at goodbyes...

    ReplyDelete

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...