Saturday, November 21, 2009

The time warp

It's time to start working on my Master's Project, the last leg. But I am unable to start. I am unable to think. All my thoughts seem suspended at a particular point in space. (Can space have a point?). So, I've lost the capacity to think, analyze. I know what I must do, I know how to go about it. But I'm not going.

It's something else that paralyzes me. I feel like someone pressed the button on and I got caught-up in a time warp. It's almost like I've been here before and yet I know I haven't. Everything about this is a novelty. How long do novelties hold us? Do some novelties last a lifetime? (Just wondering.)

What if I remain in this suspension forever, unable to move, think, act, but frozen in the heat of a yearing for life? Do we remain frozen, longing for a heat that makes us feel alive? Are these words just nothings that my listless mind conjures? Why do I feel transformed elsewhere?

I'm caught in a time warp. And I know you remain caught too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...