I clutch your prayer beads all night, Ajee,
and think of your journey
from Kalimpong to Kathmandu.
My entrails...
A make-shift bed at Maa's
a use-and-throw toothbrush,
remnants of the shortbread
in its tin-container.
My entrails...
old pieces of lingerie
in my dowry wardrobe,
a bar of unfinished soap
in his bathroom
and a puppy
I cannot leave behind.
My entrails...
a heart, flung
across the continents
for Columbus to flaunt,
a twinge,
as the puppy
whines, barks and battles the seam of my jeans
despite her milk-set.
My entrails...
a newly bought mascara,
forgotten on Yeshi's dresser
and the Tibetan tea she prepared for me,
drunk half-way.
I wonder what you'd think, Ajee,
of the woman I've become…
a woman with the roads
in her head
and chilblains on her feet,
living out of a duffle-bag.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zuberi and I
I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age? You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...
-
on what life meant to make out of faith
-
Mamu touched my hair the other day and said: This is not the hair of the girl I birthed. What did you do to your hair? I touched my hair, im...
-
i cannot imagine how you put up with a man who drags you by your nape and tells you to go to your room and puts you out in the night. it...
No comments:
Post a Comment