Monday, February 17, 2020

Sing me to sleep


“I’m going to sleep.”
“It’s funny that one can decide when we want to go to sleep, don’t you think?” she asked.
“I don’t know. I’m so sleepy.”
The sounds of the night turned on then. The crickets screeched. But they were only inside her head. The gecko said its own name thrice, took a break and said it again; five more times. She has never seen the gecko however and has wondered what it might look like, whenever she’s heard the sound.
“Good luck! I hope you see the gecko someday! You will be missed!” Angela had left a note on her desk the day she was leaving. But no luck. She still hadn’t seen one. Only the sound of it calling out to itself, the way one might do on sleepless nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...