Friday, February 21, 2020

Just a dream

So, this is how the world looks
coming to its end—
molten
ashen

people rush towards it, 
gathering what is theirs and isn’t 
it’s what we’ve always done—
taken away what is ours,
and isn’t

we kneel in the crimson lava 
and on the purple sands.
there’s no other way to say goodbye 

the sunset gleams weary, 
drowning in its own hue:
now purple, 
now a killer fiery ball

you and I run towards it, too,
kneel thigh-deep in ash
and cup it in our palms;
its what we’ve always done— taken

then you attempt to kiss my mouth 
this, 
while the world smelts around us

i’m an image of myself in my mind,
turning away from you for a lone moment.
I want to watch.

everything I know in me of life and creation 
is exploding and crumbling 

outside the window, 
the world is a melting horizon of purple 
and crimson and violet
 and then blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...