As I was getting off my bicycle in front of my house yesterday, I fell down with a loud thump. I was wearing a skirt and it got tangled on the seat. The sound of me landing on my bottom, brought my neighbours to my rescue. It was the mother and her two children.
Embarrassed, I collected myself, and said hello to them, bringing my hands together in a Sawadee. I was trying to laugh at myself, but my neighbour took worried.
"You must be Bea!" I said. "I met your husband Ae, the other day."
She said, "Yes. And where are you from?"
"From Nepal."
"My teacher is from Nepal," said the eight-year-old, standing in her tow. He explained to me that his teacher from Nepal teaches them environmental science.
"Then you have to tell your teacher you have a neighbour from Nepal!" I said. Then I asked him his name and he said, "Tea! My name is Tea."
"Wow!" I said, surprised at how the names in the family come together like a fragrant little nursery rhyme.
Still embarrassed from my fall, I dragged my bicycle inside the gate, as Tea helped me. I forgot to ask Tea's little sister her name, but I told her I have a nephew close to her age and Tea said, but I'm sure she's more naughty than him!
I smiled and then we all said see you later and went indoors.
Embarrassed, I collected myself, and said hello to them, bringing my hands together in a Sawadee. I was trying to laugh at myself, but my neighbour took worried.
"You must be Bea!" I said. "I met your husband Ae, the other day."
She said, "Yes. And where are you from?"
"From Nepal."
"My teacher is from Nepal," said the eight-year-old, standing in her tow. He explained to me that his teacher from Nepal teaches them environmental science.
"Then you have to tell your teacher you have a neighbour from Nepal!" I said. Then I asked him his name and he said, "Tea! My name is Tea."
"Wow!" I said, surprised at how the names in the family come together like a fragrant little nursery rhyme.
Still embarrassed from my fall, I dragged my bicycle inside the gate, as Tea helped me. I forgot to ask Tea's little sister her name, but I told her I have a nephew close to her age and Tea said, but I'm sure she's more naughty than him!
I smiled and then we all said see you later and went indoors.
No comments:
Post a Comment