I live a good 30 minutes walking distance from the entrance gate to my village. I started walking toward it this morning, as I was planning on getting a grab (the local version of Uber) when I got to the gate. It's cheaper by 50 baht. When I arrived near the lotus, which is a five minute walk from my house, a car slowed down and stopped and the door opened.
A lady around Mamu's age put out her head and asked me something. I said I don't speak Thai and walked closer to the car. She then asked me in English if I was going to the gate and if I wanted a ride. I said she was very kind and I got in.
In the front seat was an elderly white gentleman; frail looking, who smiled.
The lady asked me if I was from Singapore. I said, Nepal. And she said, Oh! Nepal!.
I said she was very kind and thanked her and in the conversation that transpired, she told me they were going to hospital. I asked if everything was okay and she pointed to the gentleman and said, we just found out he has cancer.
My heart sank and I said, I'm very sorry to hear. And she said, we will get through this. He will be okay. When I got off, I had thanked them at least six times and I was already saying a prayer for John, who's frail and for Apple, who radiates with positive energy.
A lady around Mamu's age put out her head and asked me something. I said I don't speak Thai and walked closer to the car. She then asked me in English if I was going to the gate and if I wanted a ride. I said she was very kind and I got in.
In the front seat was an elderly white gentleman; frail looking, who smiled.
The lady asked me if I was from Singapore. I said, Nepal. And she said, Oh! Nepal!.
I said she was very kind and thanked her and in the conversation that transpired, she told me they were going to hospital. I asked if everything was okay and she pointed to the gentleman and said, we just found out he has cancer.
My heart sank and I said, I'm very sorry to hear. And she said, we will get through this. He will be okay. When I got off, I had thanked them at least six times and I was already saying a prayer for John, who's frail and for Apple, who radiates with positive energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment