So, we all got together and went up on stage, delivering fierce words about how our vaginas feel. And at the end of it, I think we all felt good. Like an orgasm, long held back had just been released.
I guess our vaginas have been shy, sad, angry, heart-broken, and even wrecked completely in some ways. But I'd like to think that they also have the strength to still breathe, just the way people move on with their every days even after massive heartbreaks leave permanent cracks in them.
I have really seen the worst of so many things in my life last few months-- from health to personal affairs and the loss of people who stood like stars on the horizon.
But I have also gained a lot.
I've learnt that there is beauty in little things in life:
1. Right now, the relief in the gash left behind by a bad tooth that threatened to burst through your head.
2. The feeling of hollow you get when you wake up to a lonely house in the afternoon.
3. The warmth of a puppy next to you, when you wake up to a nightmare.
4. The reassurance of a cup of tea when you have a bad headache.
5. The joy in changing nappies of a newborn.
6. Just watching a newborn.
7. And I guess, just knowing life goes on, even when your heart is broken.
I guess our vaginas have been shy, sad, angry, heart-broken, and even wrecked completely in some ways. But I'd like to think that they also have the strength to still breathe, just the way people move on with their every days even after massive heartbreaks leave permanent cracks in them.
I have really seen the worst of so many things in my life last few months-- from health to personal affairs and the loss of people who stood like stars on the horizon.
But I have also gained a lot.
I've learnt that there is beauty in little things in life:
1. Right now, the relief in the gash left behind by a bad tooth that threatened to burst through your head.
2. The feeling of hollow you get when you wake up to a lonely house in the afternoon.
3. The warmth of a puppy next to you, when you wake up to a nightmare.
4. The reassurance of a cup of tea when you have a bad headache.
5. The joy in changing nappies of a newborn.
6. Just watching a newborn.
7. And I guess, just knowing life goes on, even when your heart is broken.
No comments:
Post a Comment