Friday, September 27, 2013

Serendipity





Do you remember the morning sun

as you squinted at me through it?

- we had all day

to stand in the shade of those wild trees,

marvel at the azure that might have shone

just like this,

the time you were born



You lead me through the day.

I see flashes of you

clinging to your mum,

tearing yourself away from boys and girls

you loved, and didn't



I touch your loneliness

as you sit on the front porch, as the California evening

takes you through the world

as it can only do with a kavi



I follow you when your steps trip through the house

and when your hands reach out for the things

scattered in the utilities room



I'm there when you turn to

the woman inside you-

the one who redeems



Later,

when your breath grazes my neck

pressed against the twilight

that has become our alcove,

a small prayer springs from my guts

- rest all those years inside me;

you and I will take it from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...