Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kickstarter


i learned little things in the year i left behind.
 hearts can be broken over and over again.
 the one who heals is also capable of inflicting pain.
some things, i re-learned.
 nothing beats friendship. words, an embrace, or even just silence and you know as long as there are friends around, you'll be alright eventually.
 you are responsible for yourself.
i discovered
 a quiet evening at home is more fulfilling than Thamel's neon lights.
 a friend's smile is more comforting than the leftovers of late afternoon sex.  
 caring for puppies is more rewarding than taking care of confused grown-up men
and i know
 i want to make more friends and share my love with as many people as possible without fearing i will get hurt again

 never will i wait for the calendar to flip, waiting for the moment to make small but meaningful changes in my life.

1 comment:

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...