Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I lisp

Find You
perhaps here
you and i
will still be
where
we were

swinging in
during the
afternoon lull
over teas
brailleing
poetry into queer shapes

perhaps here
i never have to worry
about losing you
Silence
and yet
what did we leave behind for each other
but a stretch of silence

when the nights coiled and twirled and held our words together
they became conversations

when we touched each other through the trans-pacific waves
we consummated our love

when we lashed out at each other, the words fragmenting, bickering,
falling like swords and we clenched against wants

we fell
you
you set me adrift
you're the shore
CLICHE
the spaces
are closing in fast
and i hear, the world is speeding toward destruction

i wonder if you will see my lips lisp your name
when i abandon this wreck.

2 comments:

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...