at this talk with a group of college kids yesterday, a girl asked me if it wasn't the responsibility of women as well, to change the way women are portrayed in the media. isn't it also them, who should refuse to be portrayed as sex objects?
why always blame men for everything?
I guess the question is can she refuse? Also, who or what is a sex object and for whom? Men too are objectified.
ReplyDeleteI recently had a discussion with a friend about sex work where we were saying that if we can (to a certain extent) understand that a lot of women voluntarily get into sex work then why do we feel disgust for the men that visit them? Why doesn't our tolerance ( because it's not yet acceptance)for choice extend towards the men? I know I am digressing a little but while I understand the us and them logic I do feel we get stuck there a lot and we don't really move forward. Also, how are we so sure that all women everywhere do not want to be objectified?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletethere are very big questions, K. I think i'll write at length about them. love, P
ReplyDelete