Friday, August 6, 2010

by the by

this isn't one of my favourite mornings.
this isn't how i want my morning to begin. i don't need to be thinking about the tangled politics and wonder how i can fit my words correctly to make sense out of the chaos Nepali politicians are deft at creating. i don't want to wake up to newspapers filled with news about "political impasse" on their front pages while the more important deaths, sufferings get buried in the non-significant columns.
i don't want to wake up to these slow-moving, gloomy mornings of editing and re-writing political stories.
i'd rather read blog posts by people who live their lives with the honesty of being self-centered and not feigning philanthropy. i'd rather wake up to emails from people i haven't forgotten, who remind me that in my not forgetting, i'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...