I wanted to write you a note while you’re still with us physically. You’re still here in body with us, but at 3pm today, you will be gone. You will be enveloped in flames and they will return you to earth, and the Thames will carry you home. You will be taken to the Thames on Friday.
Tomorrow, I will become a year older. For another year, you’re still a year older than me. And next year onward, I will keep getting older than you. You, forever, will remain 48.
Right now, I feel wounded by your absence. But I’m also grateful to you for all the love you have always given me. Thank you!
You are so beautiful and you will be beautiful and kind always. And wise.
Until 3pm today, I am still allowed to speak of you in present tense. So, yes, you are one of my best childhood gifts. Thank you for always looking out for me. I love you. I love you so much. Rest easy and rest peacefully always.
And here are some stolen lillies for a May girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment