The best things in life, are things that are here. And now. I felt like I just had an epiphany, but maybe this is something I read somewhere?
The calmness of the lake has been my friend for years and years now. I can't even remember how long it has been since I started coming to Pokhara just to sit by myself and work and read and write and walk and bike.
And once in a while, I've had company. Friends and family have joined me. And still let me do my thing because Pokhara is been my thing since forever.
And now I have found a friend, who lets me be me in Pokhara, gives me enough space so I can sleep, wake, eat, walk, read, all on my own. But also punctuates my moments with some lolling and goofiness and stories from across time and space.
We first hung out together in Pokhara in March 2021 and since, Pokhara has taken on an added meaning in my life.
I'm giving my thanks to the universe today for all the wonderful things that get sent my way. We are always so taken care of, we don't even see it unless we pause to listen and rest.
And eat a slow meal in solitude. The luxury of doing that! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment