Sunday, June 9, 2024

Pain

My therapist left me a couple of questions to answer: 


1. Have you ever noticed how feelings manifest in our bodies? Sometimes in form of sensations, sometimes vibrations and sometimes pain.

 2. When you feel discomfort in your body can you specify or identify the areas in your body.


I'm going to try and answer the first one:

I've always been very aware of how feelings manifest in our body in the form of pain. The tension accumulates in my neck when I'm deeply stressed. In fact, I think that's what it has been all these years, several years of tension and stress, all stored in my neck and shoulders in the form of knots. My physiotherapist says he hasn't seen anyone with my kind of knots and wonders how I live with them.

Stress, anxiety have also become backpain for me over the years. I've had years when I couldn't sit up straight because everything I felt had manifested itself as lower-back pain. 

My body has been through so many years of suffering-- all the emotional and physical trauma. I don't even know how I've survived everything. So much gratitude to my body for not giving up on me. 

Now, to answer the second question my therapist asked me:

When I feel discomfort, it's mostly my breathing. I get restless and my breathing becomes heavy. I also have backaches and a heaviness settles upon my shoulders and neck.

Lately, my belly feel bloated. My period hasn't come in 20 days and it looks like my body is starting to prepare for menopause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...