Monday, January 9, 2017

Lame new year post

This year will be new. I've decided.
Last year, I made no decisions to begin with. But changes happened.
I quit a job I had worked over a decade at. I ventured into fresh territories without thinking much about consequences.
I let new friends warm my heart. I allowed new loves to approach me.
In all of this, my heart grieved what I had lost. Refused to budge. So, for now, the heart will have to be calm and wait for this to pass. Everything passes in time. Maybe heartbreaks do, too. And maybe they turn into calluses-- thick and deep and unforgiving.
But we are about fresh starts today. We shall do things that make us stronger and happier.




1 comment:

  1. taking some small steps... it's okay... just continue - it will be a huge leap from a failed, painful past to a viable present propelling you to a blissful future.
    I love you my dearest ♥

    ReplyDelete

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...