I'm sitting here in bed, thinking of you. My little girl lies across the bed at my feet, growling at someone in her sleep.
I injured myself when I fell in the bathroom. It sounds kind of silly and was sort of fun when it happened. I hopped, slipped and went flat on my back. That's how it began. And now am nursing a painful body and thinking of a time in the past, when something similar had happened and i had sat in bed in a neck-brace for months, writing a novel i never completed.
it's rainy again and am lonely again.
the man who had popped into my room, just to kiss my mouth, despite my neck-brace, is someone else's now.
the man has become a memory. like we've become a memory to you and to me.
what is there to salvage of it all, is the loving we find every time we trip and land on our backs. there's a kind of high in the tripping. i guess, that's why i don't mind the fall so much.
I injured myself when I fell in the bathroom. It sounds kind of silly and was sort of fun when it happened. I hopped, slipped and went flat on my back. That's how it began. And now am nursing a painful body and thinking of a time in the past, when something similar had happened and i had sat in bed in a neck-brace for months, writing a novel i never completed.
it's rainy again and am lonely again.
the man who had popped into my room, just to kiss my mouth, despite my neck-brace, is someone else's now.
the man has become a memory. like we've become a memory to you and to me.
what is there to salvage of it all, is the loving we find every time we trip and land on our backs. there's a kind of high in the tripping. i guess, that's why i don't mind the fall so much.
i'm not Germie but I thought a lot about you. I always feel bad whenever you're in pain and lonely out there in a cold world. Love is the only thing that we can take with us to heaven... Please take care.
ReplyDelete