What are we, but longings?
You there, on the other side of the year
and me here in a new one,
trying to find my way
through the fracking in my heart
as you wrestled with yourself.
I wake up
dreaming
with my eyes open,
of a possible morning
when my lips are pressed against your eyes.
I imagine you shut them
and press closer,
put your arms around me,
like you never will let go.
But, you're not a part of the year
we just stepped into,
with our phones turned off to suggest each other out.
You there, on the other side of the year
and me here in a new one,
trying to find my way
through the fracking in my heart
as you wrestled with yourself.
I wake up
dreaming
with my eyes open,
of a possible morning
when my lips are pressed against your eyes.
I imagine you shut them
and press closer,
put your arms around me,
like you never will let go.
But, you're not a part of the year
we just stepped into,
with our phones turned off to suggest each other out.
No comments:
Post a Comment