Tuesday, May 7, 2013

what every woman must have

the night is alive with the sound of thunder. raindrops scatter over the front porch and trample on the lawn and flowerbeds. this is the pre-monsoon rain. the first showers that make a lot of noise and spray a little and bring along cool cool breeze.
the dogs are noisy tonight. am tucked between the sheets, tap-dancing on the keyboard, while the sharp wind laps on my bare shoulders.
there is nothing as precious as your space-- a place for yourself to be, to do things or to undo them. there's nothing as reliable as silent walls, that never judge you or accuse you of not being.
 i murmur gratitude for 'a room of my own'. independence begins with having your own space and your say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...