Tuesday, July 3, 2012

hands

on an evening
when the skies
broke down
so i could
go down on my knees,
you became my umbrella

night came in purple drops
that have become
patches under our eyes

we sought each others' hands
like only women do
when they need reassurance

maybe the memory of it
finally put me to sleep



2 comments:

  1. The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
    Don't go back to sleep.
    You must ask for what you really want.
    Don't go back to sleep.
    People are going back and forth across the doorsill
    where the two worlds touch.
    The door is round and open.
    Don't go back to sleep.
    well its by Rumi : )

    ReplyDelete

Zuberi and I

I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age?  You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...