I've had a very very angry week. And much of it has everything to do with the Nepal Literary Fest.
First, I was mad at Ajit Baral for taking me for granted and expecting me to fill in the spaces just because Taslima Narsin opted out. But, I guess your closest friends do that- take you for granted and you never unlove them for doing that. It's just friendship.
Then, I heard how someone had asked Ira Trivedi whether she thought her face was prettier or her boobs. And that made me furious because how the hell do you ask anyone such a question?! I feel like asking him if he thinks his balls are nicer or his brains, that invents such a question. Why just Ira, who's a published writer- no human being should have to entertain a question like that! Just because you have the floor, doesn't mean you ask a question to humiliate someone.
I also heard Ira succinctly said it's like asking a mother which of her two children she loves more and was glad she handled it that way. But I was mad no one interrupted and said that question did not deserve an answer. It was unwarranted for.
I'm also mad at the organizers for not defending their guest.
Then, there's all this super touchy shit about Nasrin "Tweeting herself to controversy". Can we behave like adults for a change? Thank Heavens, there are still people like Dinesh Wagle who makes sense in their social network messages.
Dinesh Wagle: d way some narrow minded folks responded 2 her misinformed tweet is disgusting. Why must she
know abt Nepal b4 coming here? I don't knw abt Lesotho, so what? Blind patriots, grow up! The blind patriots shld know that u can't issue or reject a visa (threat) 2 a visitor based on her knowledge (or lack thereof) abt Nepal. And for @taslimanasreen to cancel the Nepal trip just coz of some morons' childish tweets is so unTaslima, contrary 2 her fighting image
First, I was mad at Ajit Baral for taking me for granted and expecting me to fill in the spaces just because Taslima Narsin opted out. But, I guess your closest friends do that- take you for granted and you never unlove them for doing that. It's just friendship.
Then, I heard how someone had asked Ira Trivedi whether she thought her face was prettier or her boobs. And that made me furious because how the hell do you ask anyone such a question?! I feel like asking him if he thinks his balls are nicer or his brains, that invents such a question. Why just Ira, who's a published writer- no human being should have to entertain a question like that! Just because you have the floor, doesn't mean you ask a question to humiliate someone.
I also heard Ira succinctly said it's like asking a mother which of her two children she loves more and was glad she handled it that way. But I was mad no one interrupted and said that question did not deserve an answer. It was unwarranted for.
I'm also mad at the organizers for not defending their guest.
Then, there's all this super touchy shit about Nasrin "Tweeting herself to controversy". Can we behave like adults for a change? Thank Heavens, there are still people like Dinesh Wagle who makes sense in their social network messages.
Dinesh Wagle: d way some narrow minded folks responded 2 her misinformed tweet is disgusting. Why must she
know abt Nepal b4 coming here? I don't knw abt Lesotho, so what? Blind patriots, grow up! The blind patriots shld know that u can't issue or reject a visa (threat) 2 a visitor based on her knowledge (or lack thereof) abt Nepal. And for @taslimanasreen to cancel the Nepal trip just coz of some morons' childish tweets is so unTaslima, contrary 2 her fighting image
No comments:
Post a Comment