Monday, March 15, 2010
after dark
and it felt like the stars had been missing for ages and the moon had been gone for decades. it was impossible to figure if i had just forgotten to gaze at the sky or i was only sinking so deep in my ruminations that there had not been time enough to look up. but that's how it felt. with the blankess of the skies, nights were nothing to look forward to. that darkness of waiting for a single star to show up had started taking its toll on my psyche. while i reported the rising death tolls from earthquakes, floods and snow storms, i saw my own flesh emerging further scathed from the experience of being cast headlong into a darkness from where it had become impossible to reach out to you. and the little hope that had been there for daylight flickered and went out for good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zuberi and I
I asked: Do heartbreaks hurt less as we age? You said: I think as you get older - the current heartbreak is not as intense, but the collect...
-
on what life meant to make out of faith
-
Mamu touched my hair the other day and said: This is not the hair of the girl I birthed. What did you do to your hair? I touched my hair, im...
-
i cannot imagine how you put up with a man who drags you by your nape and tells you to go to your room and puts you out in the night. it...
No comments:
Post a Comment